Maintaining the Life of Your Thermal Fluid with a Nitrogen Blanket
- Both mineral and synthetic thermal fluids will oxidise when exposed to air temperatures in excess of 70ºC
- A nitrogen blanket protects thermal fluid from oxidation and reduces fire hazards
- A nitrogen blanket extends fluid life and makes a thermal fluid system safer
Oxidised products also increase the acidity of the oil. This can lead to corrosion, in particular in the expansion and drain tanks, in the overflow pipe and other parts of the system.
The typical starting point for oxidation of thermal fluid is in the expansion tank that is vented to atmosphere.
Large thermal fluid systems and heating and cooling systems need nitrogen blankets as do thermal fluids operating above their boiling points.
- Extend thermal fluid life by eliminating the opportunity for oxidation
- Nitrogen blankets secure your investment of the thermal fluid
- Fire hazards are significantly reduced with a nitrogen blanket
- Automatic safe operational system used
Health and safety is paramount in business, not only in the sense of legal requirements to protect your people but also to protect your investment.
A nitrogen blanket can be applied to most thermal fluid systems