Maintaining the Life of Your Thermal Fluid with a Nitrogen Blanket
- Both mineral and synthetic thermal fluids will oxidise when exposed to air temperatures in excess of 70ºC
- A nitrogen blanket protects thermal fluid from oxidation and reduces fire hazards
- A nitrogen blanket extends fluid life and makes a thermal fluid system safer
Thermal Fluid and Oxidation
Oxidation leads to tar-like deposits in the oil which can plug strainers, pipes and heat exchangers, as well as the coil internals of thermal fluid heaters.
Oxidised products also increase the acidity of the oil. This can lead to corrosion, in particular in the expansion and drain tanks, in the overflow pipe and other parts of the system.
The typical starting point for oxidation of thermal fluid is in the expansion tank that is vented to atmosphere.
Large thermal fluid systems and heating and cooling systems need nitrogen blankets as do thermal fluids operating above their boiling points.
- Extend thermal fluid life by eliminating the opportunity for oxidation
- Nitrogen blankets secure your investment of the thermal fluid
- Fire hazards are significantly reduced with a nitrogen blanket
- Automatic safe operational system used
Health and safety is paramount in business, not only in the sense of legal requirements to protect your people but also to protect your investment.
A nitrogen blanket can be applied to most thermal fluid systems
Understanding Your Thermal Fluid and Heat Transfer System
Our comprehensive range of training packages cover everything you need to know from a maintenance and health and safety perspective and how to keep your business compliant with regulations.
Want to extend the life of your fluid and improve system and site safety?
Global Heat Transfer can apply a nitrogen blanket to extend the useable life of your fluid and improve site safety.
To speak to one of our experts call us on +44 (0)1785 760 555Order Nitrogen Blanket